Pulmonary and respiratory care in Houston
Sudden shortness of breath, wheezing or chronic cough may be the first signs of lung disease. We're here to help.
At HCA Houston Healthcare, we provide specialty care and advanced treatment options for adults and children with complex lung conditions. Our multidisciplinary team of pulmonologists, respiratory therapists and specialists are experts at recognizing early warning signs and providing treatment that could save your life.
Pulmonary conditions we treat
Our pulmonologists treat a full range of respiratory conditions. Some of the common conditions we treat include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary fibrosis
Pulmonary services we offer
At HCA Houston, we are committed to helping you breathe better and live a healthier life. Our experts use a number of treatments, including education, lung therapies, lifestyle modifications and medication to restore your pulmonary health.
Diagnostic testing we offer
Depending on your condition, your pulmonologist may suggest one or more of the following tests:
- Body plethysmography — These lung function tests measure how much air goes in and out of your lungs when you breathe.
- Low-dose computerized tomography (CT) scans — These imaging tests screen for lung cancer, while using the smallest possible amount of radiation.
- Lung diffusion testing — These tests measure how well your lungs exchange gases.
- Pulmonary function tests — These show how well the lungs are working. Lung volume, capacity, flow rates and gas exchange are measured, which can help diagnose certain lung disorders.
- Sleep studies — These studies help to diagnose sleep disorders and identify why your sleep patterns may be consistently disrupted. A sleep study may record blood oxygen levels, brain activity, eye movements, heart rate and leg actions.
Our hospitals are recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the comprehensive care we provide for complex lung conditions, including COPD. If you have chronic lung disease, we provide pulmonary rehabilitation that includes education about your lung disease, exercise classes and emotional support. Our pulmonary rehabilitation program aims to increase activity levels while decreasing symptoms, like shortness of breath.
Looking for a location?
We didn't find any facilities that matched your search
Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.