Gastroenterology services in the Greater Houston area
Our team of board-certified gastroenterologists, surgeons and nurses have the extensive knowledge and experience required to handle hard-to-diagnose digestive issues.
Gastrointestinal disorders disrupt the lives of millions of Americans every year. At HCA Houston Healthcare, our skilled gastroenterologists use advanced technology and techniques to accurately and quickly diagnose and treat diseases of the esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, biliary tract, intestines and colon.
Conditions our gastroenterologists treat
We diagnose and treat numerous gastrointestinal disorders, including:
- Anal fissures and fistulas
- Benign growths or tumors
- Bowel obstruction
- Celiac disease
- Crohn's disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Pelvic pain and discomfort
- Ulcerative colitis
HCA Houston gastroenterology services
Digestive disorders can be embarrassing and painful, but HCA Houston Healthcare is here to help alleviate your discomfort and improve your overall digestive health.
Diagnostic testing we offer
Our facilities are equipped with advanced technologies to better support the care we provide. To properly diagnose and treat such a wide variety of gastrointestinal disorders, our team of medical experts may use any of the following imaging and endoscopic procedures:
- 24-hour esophageal pH monitoring — Measures the amount of acid flowing into the esophagus over a 24-hour time period
- Capsule endoscopy — Noninvasive procedure that uses a tiny wireless camera to take pictures of your digestive tract
- Colonoscopy — The most common method for examining your colon and rectum to potentially detect early signs of colorectal cancer
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) — Combines X-ray and the use of an endoscope to diagnose and treat problems of the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas
- Endoscopic ultrasound — Minimally invasive procedure that uses a camera with high-frequency sound waves to examine the GI tract and surrounding organs
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) — Uses an endoscope with a tiny light and video camera to take video images of your esophagus, stomach and small intestine
- Sigmoidoscopy — Used to examine the lower part of the colon or large intestine. The procedure Uses a flexible lighted tube with a camera to diagnose bowel disorders, such as ulcerative colitis and to detect colon polyps.
Looking for a location?
We didn't find any facilities that matched your search
Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.