Physicians specializing in sports medicine help with injuries related to athletics, fitness and exercise. They can diagnose and treat damage to the muscle, ligament, bone and tendon. Common reasons to see them include concussions, anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears, shin splints and muscle strains.
Sports medicine specialists in Greater Houston
Across our family of hospitals, we've helped thousands recover from musculoskeletal injuries related to sports, trauma or overuse.
HCA Houston Healthcare provides specialized care for injuries and conditions affecting athletes of all ages and skill levels. From concussion care and rehabilitation to minimally invasive surgery, we provide access to the most advanced sports medicine services to keep the communities we serve active and healthy.
Our sports medicine services
We provide sports medicine services at five hospital and outpatient locations across the Greater Houston area. Our specialists care for all types of injuries, including those sustained on the job, and are dedicated to helping everyone from children to seniors maintain active lifestyles.
Treatments we offer
Sports medicine can help with a wide range of conditions, including sprains and strains, fractures and trauma, tendonitis and concussions. Our sports medicine facilities are equipped to effectively diagnose and treat these issues, with state-of-the-art imaging technology and training equipment, including hydrotherapy pools, full gyms and professional grade athletic fields. While in our care at one of our facilities, your sports medicine care team may include board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists or athletic trainers.
Our network includes Texas Orthopedic Hospital, one of the only specialty hospitals in Houston and in the nation dedicated to health of bones and joints. Located on the campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball, our Texas Sports Medicine Center was the first hospital-based sports medicine program in the Greater Houston area, and continues to set the standard of care as a world-class athletic training destination for some of the biggest names in professional and collegiate baseball. We also provide comprehensive sports medicine at two North Cypress area locations.
No matter where you seek care, we recognize that every condition is unique, and that's how we treat you. Many conditions can be treated without surgery, but when needed, our orthopedic surgeons are highly skilled in minimally invasive techniques and procedures. This includes using robot-assisted surgery whenever possible, which offers the potential for minimal scarring and a faster recovery. Some of our specialty surgical areas include:
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder, hip and knee
- Total hip, knee and shoulder replacement
Nonsurgical sports medicine treatments
In addition to our surgical treatment options, we also provide access to a variety of other sports medicine services and programs, including:
- Athletic training — We partner with professional sports teams, recreational leagues and local schools to provide support with sports health and safety. This includes event medical coverage, injury triage and post-discharge rehabilitation.
- Aquatic therapy — If you have been experiencing weight or mobility constraints, many of our locations offer aquatic therapy, which helps improve function with the help of a therapeutic pool.
- Concussion management — We use advanced technology and assessment tools to aid in concussion prevention, track recovery and ensure a safe return-to-play. This includes concussion baseline testing, which is performed before an injury occurs.
- Occupational therapy — Through rehabilitative and therapeutic techniques as well as functional tasks, we help you restore maximum function following injury or surgery.
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation — We create customized treatment and recovery plans tailored towards you, your sport and the position you play.
- Sports physicals — Our sports physicals include a physical exam and assessment of your medical history to determine if it is safe to partake in particular activities.
- Sports injury prevention and education — We provide athletes with effective ways to prevent injuries and enhance performance through key conditioning and endurance training techniques and exercises, including strength building, stretching and speed agility.
- Return-to-play-programs — Our programs help athletes stay active between being discharged from physical therapy and starting back in the game.
Looking for a location?
We didn't find any facilities that matched your search
Please enter a new search using more specific search criteria.