HCA Houston Healthcare West nationally recognized by Healthgrades for specialty care
These achievements reflect the organization’s commitment to consistently delivering the best care possible.
Houston, Texas — HCA Houston Healthcare West announced today it has achieved numerous accolades for clinical excellence, according to new research released by Healthgrades, the leading resource consumers use to find a hospital or doctor. HCA Houston Healthcare West was recognized with a Healthgrades 2024 America’s Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery Award, three Specialty Excellence Awards and six Five-Star Distinctions. Among the facility’s distinctions are Specialty Excellence Awards placing the hospital in the top 10% of the nation for surgical care and vascular surgery. In addition, the facility also received multiple five-star ratings for services such as treatment for heart failure, treatment for hip fracture, carotid procedures, peripheral and more. These achievements place HCA Houston Healthcare West in the upper echelon of hospitals nationally for specialty care and reflect the organization’s commitment to consistently delivering the best care possible.
HCA Houston Healthcare West was recognized with the following achievements:
- Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery™ in 2024
- Healthgrades 2024 Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™
- Healthgrades 2024 Critical Care Excellence Award™
- Healthgrades 2024 Surgical Care Excellence Award™
- Five-Star Distinctions in: Treatment of Heart Failure, Hip Fracture Treatment, Carotid Procedures, Peripheral Vascular Bypass, Treatment of Sepsis, Treatment of Diabetic Hospitalizations
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery in 2024
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Critical Care in 2024
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care in 2024
"HCA Houston Healthcare West is honored to be recognized among the nation’s leaders in Vascular Surgery, Critical Care and Surgical Care, “said Megan Marietta, CEO of HCA Houston Healthcare West. "Our colleagues and physicians are devoted to delivering exceptional care to every patient, every day. These accomplishments continually affirm our unwavering commitment to quality and excellence."
Healthgrades evaluates hospitals solely on clinical outcomes: risk-adjusted mortality and complications. By focusing on what matters most, patient outcomes, Healthgrades ratings provide critical feedback for both patients and hospitals. By offering easy access to objective performance measures, Healthgrades gives consumers the information they need to find a hospital that excels in providing the care they need. And, by shining a light on strengths and weaknesses, Healthgrades ratings help direct hospitals to opportunities for clinical improvement. The 2024 hospital assessment evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 35 common conditions and procedures at approximately 4,500 hospitals nationwide to identify the top performers.
The 2024 Healthgrades analysis revealed that the variation in performance among hospitals continues to widen, making it increasingly important to seek care at top-rated programs. From 2020 through 2022, if all hospitals as a group performed similarly to five-star hospitals, on average, 215,667 lives could potentially have been saved, and 149,521 patients could have avoided potential complications.*
“Healthgrades congratulates HCA Houston Healthcare West for being a national leader and demonstrating a deep commitment to providing high quality care to all patients,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Your dedication, expertise, and tireless efforts have not only set you apart but have also positively impacted the lives of countless patients.” Consumers can visit Healthgrades to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and access a patient-friendly overview of how we rate and why hospital quality matters.
* Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2020 through 2022 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. Click here to view the complete 2024 Specialty Awards and Ratings Methodology.